Are You Stuck for Transport?
If so, the Community Links social transport scheme maybe just what you are looking for.
Community Links operates a small fleet of vehicles, each with full disability access, offering a ‘door-to-door’ service for people stuck for transport to get to and from their nearest town or village for shopping or visiting friends.
The service is for people who have a genuine need for local transport and cannot access public transport because of mobility problems and/or who live in a rurally isolated location with no other form of transport available.
The Community Links service operates between about 9.30am and 2.30pm on weekdays in each part of the District three days a week.
The fare system is a simple flat rate of £1.20 per single journey, i.e. £2.40 return ‘door-to-door’.
Successes of the scheme to date include:
• Over 25,000 passenger journeys completed since launch in April 2006
• Over 1000 people now registered with the project
• A fifth vehicle to join the scheme sponsored by Stratford Town Trust starts April 2008
• Overall satisfaction rating of 96% in a recent survey of service users
• 98% of Community Links users rate the service ‘value for money’ and a lifeline to them maintaining their independence.
“It’s an absolutely wonderful service; without it I would be housebound and this has opened up a whole new life for me,” says Mrs D from Bidford.
If you need this service, or know someone who does, phone
Community Links on 01789 264491 for more information
The Community Links social transport scheme works in close co-operation with the Volunteer Centre Medical Journey Scheme for doctor, dentist and hospital and medical related appointments.
For this ‘medical journey’ scheme contact Clarissa Roberts on 01789 296344.
Community Links is a partnership project between Warwickshire County Council, Stratford-on-Avon District Council, Stratford-on-Avon Volunteer Centre and Stratford Upon Avon Town Trust.